Over the past 2 years, we have become very popular, with the top language schools in the UK using Elsieapp, our management software program. We believe simple is not the same thing as easy, and we enjoy taking on challenges to deliver valuable solutions that our customers can learn quickly. Until now, we have been able to cope with the product demand by working with freelancers, but now we are building an in-house development team to hone our product, help our customers and grow our business. We are looking for an enthusiastic team player who is passionate about delivering solutions using code.
This is an exciting role. The person in this position will be our very first in-house developer, helping us streamline our current development process and determine how to measure and improve the quality of our software. We are looking for an experienced software engineer who loves writing code that delivers great value to our users and their businesses. The person who fills this position must be confident and must want to help our company grow. Further, this person must be able to work autonomously and to produce reliable code that can be easily comprehended and updated in the near future. The person in this role must be good at solving problems while understanding the solutions effect on the bigger picture. Finally, the person who fills this position must believe in providing customers with the best service and product possible.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Enjoy helping others on the team grow as developers and be successful
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-driven and able to work autonomously
- Become inspired on a daily basis, thinking of new ideas and sharing them with others
Due to the nature of the work, we are only considering people who can work on-site in Wallingford, UK.
Skills and Requirements
Required skills and experience:
- 3+ years of programming experience
- Experience with object-oriented programming
- Experience with test-driven development using phpUnit and Selenium
- Experience using source control systems such as Git
- Comfortable working on a legacy codebase outside popular frameworks
- Comfortable working on the backend and the frontend
- Comfortable writing SQL (preferably MySQL/MariaDB)
- Comfortable using the command line
Preferred skills and experience:
- Experience with SSH, Vagrant and Composer
- Experience deploying and maintaining hosting (AWS, Linode)
- Experience with Linux, shell scripting and cronjob
- Experience with Nodejs, Vuejs and D3js
- Experience with Django and Python
- Experience with PHP frameworks (Laravel; Symfony 1, 2 and components)
- UX design skills
- Passionate about personal enrichment activities (e.g. running, swimming, knitting, making bread, gardening, yoga)
About Red Pesto
We are a small, established business that collaborates closely with our clients to provide them with tools that can help them complete daily tasks. We are fortunate to have formed long-lasting relationships with our clients. We believe in delivering simple solutions that we can iterate quickly. Our aim is to deliver solid code with a strong foundation that can easily grow while putting users at the heart of the equation.
Elsieapp, our management software program, allows staff members at the top language schools in the UK to perform their job efficiently while coordinating with their colleagues. This helps all users focus on their jobs while providing the management team with access to key data, thus driving the business.
- Work in a beautiful, peaceful, calm environment
- Be part of a small team and grow with the business
- Attend professional training sessions and conferences
- Flexible working hours
- 21 days of holiday leave
- Free parking
How to apply :
- please send us CV, References or work portfolio and a cover letter, feel free to share your vision of your work and its challenges at firstname.lastname@example.org with Full Stack Software Engineer as subject.